- Its unbelievable how flexible and understanding our staff can be in times of internet hiccups, sporting events and last minute schedule changes. This both shows professionalism and ultimate caring for what is in the best interest of students.
- I am amazed by # of staff who have tried new means of teaching and assessment through technology even when it has been outside of their personal comfort zone.
- I appreciate the culture of OHS staff and students who support their peers both in the classroom as well as in extra curricular activities like sports and the arts.
- It is obvious that students at OHS have learned leadership skills through the tutelage and modeling of many staff members.
- Lastly, I steal a quote from Steve Head's shared article this week that was brought to my attention by Cyndi Wolf (http://goo.gl/meSqBE) - I love that teachers at OHS know "...that you won't reach EVERY child EVERY day (but know if you miss one today, you'll start with them tomorrow).
Throughout this week I made it a point to stop, notice and record all that we do well at OHS as its a bit hypocritical to have a "Staff Appreciation Week" without really appreciating all that we are. In no particular order....
Just a chance to reflect over educational articles and ideas that float through my head.